Tuesday, January 1, 2008

SIMPLE MARINARA SAUCE

Here we go with new sauce recipes. I like simple and my husband is the real cook in this household. I can hold my own, but I prefer the clean up over cooking the meal. I will share with you sauce recipes over the next month. I really feel that most dishes are improved by a great sauce. I love going through magazines and found this Marinara sauce great over pasta.
1/4 C olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 T tomato paste
1 (28 ounce ) can crushed tomatoes, including liquid
3 T minced FRESH basil--fresh makes all the difference
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until pale golden. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in Basil. Makes 3 cups. Easy to double or even triple this sauce. SIMPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment