Thursday, January 17, 2008

MEDITERRANEAN PIZZA

Here's another recipe that I got from a diabetes book. With the Super Bowl parties coming up this would be a good, healthy addition to your menu. There is only 43 g. carb per serving, 8 g.fat, 3 g. sat fat per serving. Trying to get my shopping list together to co-ordinate Bill's 2 diet restrictions is driving me nuts. There isn't really too much that he can eat, poor thing. I guess I should say poor me and Marcy, too, because I don't cook anything that he can't eat. That would be too tempting for him and mean of me. My cooking now has to get very creative.

I haven't been outside since Tuesday because I hate the cold. Thank goodness the little bit of snow that we got yesterday was gone almost as soon as it fell. I will have to go out tomorrow to get some groceries and pick up some medicine refills. I think it will be just as cold, but, I have to do it. Marcy made more sushi today and it was just as good as yesterday's. Well, stay warm and have a wonderful night.

MEDITERRANEAN PIZZA
5 oz low-fat soft goat cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 tsp dried
1 12" (10 oz) prebaked pizza crust
6 oz jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
6 oz jar or canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
  1. Preheat oven to 450F. In small bowl, stir cheese, garlic, and oregano and add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
  2. Dapple crust with crumbled cheese mixture, leaving 1" rim around edge. Scatter pepper strips and artichoke hearts on top of cheese.
  3. Slide pizza directly onto oven rack and bake 12 minutes or until crust crisps and cheese melts. Remove pizza from oven, cut into eighths, and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment