Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Delicious Shepherd's Pie

Today I was trying to think of something quick and easy to fix for dinner. What I opted for was Shepherd's Pie and was it good. I don't have a recipe that I use for it, though, so I am just going to write this as I would make it. I've made it so many times that I know what ingredients go in by heart. It might be a little different than the original recipe for this as the English know it.

I sauteed some cut up onions and peppers. Then I browned a lb. of ground beef with the sauteed vegetables. In the same pan I put a can of seasoned diced tomatoes, juice and all. I then put in a little frozen corn and a little green beans. I sprinkled in some garlic powder, onion powder, a little sea salt and some pepper. As this all simmered, I made some instant mashed potatoes. The amount of potatoes I cooked was a serving for 6. I dropped the potatoes by spoonful on top of the meat mixture in the pan. On top of this I sprinkled some grated cheddar cheese. I put a cover on top and let this simmer for about 15 minutes or until the cheese melted. It turned out delicious and I only dirtied one pan. You can use whatever seasonings or cheese that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment