Sunday, January 20, 2008

DIABETES/GOUT DIET FOR BILL

I have been going crazy trying to figure out what to feed him. I have decided that I am going to go through the diabetes cookbooks and pick out recipes that do not contain ingredients that he can't eat because of his gout. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. So that is my tip for today for anyone that has to work with a diabetic and a gout diet for themselves or a loved one.

Our little church's membership has grown and if you don't get there early enough you might have to sit on a chair in the aisle. These old bones won't do well sitting on a metal chair for about an hour. It surely wouldn't be good for Bill. I always try to get there early to avoid that. However, Bill never sees a need for urgency in leaving the house. Chris always gets there early and if we are not there she saves seats for us. Well, today, Bill was his usual slow self and I was fuming. I dropped Bill off and went to park the car. As usual, Chris tried to save us seats and she got a little speech about saving seats from a couple of the church members. She let a couple of ladies in the pew and Bill and then she sat in a chair in the aisle. When I went in, I was going to sit in a chair across the aisle, but, one of the choir members said I could sit in the empty seat next to her. I apologize to Chris for what happened because of us today. But we know that some people just like to have something to complain or fuss about.

It is sooooooo cold here that there could not possibly be any snakes anywhere close to coming out. In fact, it is so cold that I don't even want to go out. But, I have to so I can get that work done. So I guess I better get to bed and get some rest. Tomorrow I will work on setting up my weekly menu and shopping list for Bill's diet restrictions. Goodnight and stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment