Friday, January 18, 2008

ALMOND LIQUER

Here's another thing that would be good for Super Bowl Sunday or anytime. It can be sipped straight, on the rocks, in coffer or over ice cream.

ALMOND LIQUER
1 cup unsalted almonds, chopped
4 cups vodka
2 in. piece of cinnamon stick
1/3 cup sugar
Combine all ingredients in a large bottle or jar and shake thoroughly. Let steep for 3 to 4 weeks. Strain through a coffee filter or cheesecloth and add more sugar if necessary. Makes about 1 qt.
(I drink Absolut vodka which I wouldn't use in this recipe. A nice cheap bottle of vodka will do just fine.)
Since this has to sit for 3 to 4 weeks I guess I am a little late for you to make it for a Super Bowl party. Sorry. My niece, Tamika, came to get her mom, Marcy, to come spend some time with her in Summerville. I am going to miss having her here to talk to. Bill still is limping around from his gout attack, but, getting along okay. I am still working on getting his 2 diets worked out together. I have decided that I will go through my diabetic cookbooks and pick out some meals to make. Then I will dissect the recipes to ascertain which ones have ingredients that he can't eat because of the gout. Then I am going to write a day to day menu up so I am not floundering around the kitchen trying to figure out what to cook. This might take awhile, but, it will make things a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment