Thursday, January 10, 2008

QUICK FIX FOR HICCUPS, HOPEFULLY

This is a little tip that I got from a home remedies book. Drinking requires a lot of swallowing and doing a lot of swallowing is probably the best way to stop hiccups. Luckily, I haven't had the hiccups in years. Oh no, why did I say that. Now I will soon get them. At least now I know what to do to get rid of them.

Bill is in a class-action lawsuit against Vioxx. He had been taking Vioxx for awhile when he had his strokes. When it was determined that he had a stroke his doctor took him immediately off of it. A little while later it was taken off of the market. Not soon enough, though, to stop the life of a good man from being turned upside down. He is alive, though, and functioning, so we feel very blessed. Anyhow, I started this to say that today we went to the lawyer's office to sign papers. It's a slow process to get to the end because there are so many variables to be considered for them to decide what is going to be a fair settlement for each case. Whatever they decide is not enough for the people who have had their lives severely altered or lost by pure negligence on the pharmaceutical company's part. Money can never make up for what has been lost, but, it can help (no matter how little) with the many medical bills. Plus we have our family and Chris and Dennis (who are really a part of our family) for support. Even more, we have God for support. Surely can't get any better than that.

Okay, enough of that. I mailed my CHRISTMAS cards off today. FINALLY! Won't everyone be surprised when they receive them. I just mailed them to ones that had been sending us cards for the last few years and I couldn't get mine out.

I guess this has been a lot of rambling, but, that is how I am feeling right now. Like a rambler. And I haven't had a drink! More enlightenment from me tomorrow. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment