Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS

Here's another tasty dish for that Super Bowl party that you are having or going to. I take a package of drumsticks, take the skins off, rinse, put them in a plastic bag and pour in a bottle of low-fat Italian dressing. They can marinate for as little as 15 minutes. Put 2 cups of bread crumbs in another plastic bag. Take the drumsticks from the marinade and shake a little at a time in the bread crumbs, coating well. Put the drumsticks in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. (The dark meat in drumsticks has more fat than breast meat, but, removing the skin helps. Marinating gives a great taste.) This is a good dish to bring if you are on a diabetic diet because it is something that you know you will be able to eat.

I didn't do too much today because I spent most of the day waiting for one of my doctors to call me back. One thing I did this evening that was fun was calling an old friend that I used to work with at USAIRWAYS reservation years ago. She now lives in Florida. We talked for about half an hour and I really enjoyed it. It seems that when I get ready to call someone it is late and I feel it is too late to call. This evening I made a point to call her because she had called me the other day and left a voicemail for me. She is such a sweet person.

Now I am going to bed and hope to have a more productive day tomorrow. I do have to go grocery shopping so I know that will take a bit of time. Following Bill's 2 diet restrictions makes my shopping trips even longer than they used to be. Plus I have started shopping with coupons again and loving it. Now that I think of it, I have to write out my shopping list before I go to bed.
Later and sweet dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment