Thursday, January 31, 2008

CARROT TIP

This tip came from my trusty diabetic cookbook. Many people think carrots are in the starch exchange group and they are not. They are in the vegetable group, which means you can eat more of them without your blood sugar going up!

I need all the help I can get on finding things that Bill can eat. I thought that eating chicken was okay for his gout diet. However, yesterday the doctor said that he can only eat the white meat. Now that narrows our list down even further. He's taking the news pretty good although he is getting tired of chicken. I do throw a little fish in now and then. The diet doesn't allow certain kinds and he really doesn't care for any unless it's fried. And frying is definitely out!!

We have been playing his Wii wrestling game and it's fun. It's really fun making your alter-ego wrestler. Bill is practicing up so that he can be better when him and Ricky wrestle again.

Chris left today for Milwaukee for her grandson's birthday. We'll still talk as usual. I know how she hates cold as much as I do and it is cold there. I don't go anywhere up North unless it is an emergency in the cold weather. Luckily, there hasn't been any for me in a few years. Now I am going to get back to doing my chores. I am going to try to get them done early today so I will not be on the computer for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I am taking my nephew and his two kids to the Science Center. This is their first time going and I love it there. I have a membership that I use for us and our grandchildren. Anyhow, have a great day and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment