Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MARCY MADE GREAT SUSHI

Our sister-in-law, Annie, is a gourmet cook. She can make any dish she puts her mind to. One of the many things that we love that she makes is sushi. The other day she told Marcy and I how to make it. Well, I tried it today and my roll up was not so good. Marcy tried her hand and hers was better than mine. The best part was that it was delicious!! We put avocado, shrimp and cucumber in it. We are going to have Annie show us how she rolls her so perfectly, though. Since this is not something that I am comfortable in making I will not be giving a recipe here.

It is snowing here now, but, it won't last long. I peeked out at it and have no desire to go out in it. I had enough of that in Pittsburgh. I won't even go visit Pittsburgh during the "snow" season. I would not feel comfortable driving in the snow, that is for sure. Even if I were to fly there, I would have to rent a car and drive. I certainly would not even consider driving there during this time. Several years ago Chris, Dennis, Bill and I lost some very dear friends, Sue and Bernie Wade. They were killed in an accident driving to Pittsburgh in December in the dreaded snow. They were a beautiful part of our lives that we lost much too early.

Bill's gout flared up today so now I have to combine a diabetes diet with a gout diet. Poor thing can eat just about nothing. But, we will survive. Now I am going to sign off of here to go get some menu ideas together combining both diets. I will have some recipes for you later on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment