Wednesday, January 23, 2008

CHRIS'S CREOLE SAUCE ON SPAGHETTI SQUASH

I am fixing dinner right now and one of the things I am making is spaghetti squash. That sauce would be great over it. I don't have all of the ingredients to make the sauce, but, I will the next I make this squash. If you have never tried spaghetti squash before you are missing a treat. It is a mild-flavored squash and delicious. And it looks like spaghetti when you take it out of the shell. These are the directions for cooking it.

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut ends off squash and then cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and wash and dry both sides.
  2. Coat a large metal or glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place squash halves face down on baking dish and spray the skins lightly with cooking spray.
  3. Bake for 40 minutes.
  4. Remove squash meat from rind with fork and place in a medium bowl. Discard rind. Drizzle 1 tsp. olive oil over squash, sprinkle with 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and stir.

I went through one of my diabetic cookbooks and picked out some recipes that did not include ingredients that Bill can't eat on his gout diet. I wanted to get ideas for cooking different things to make his being on these diets not as bad as it seems. From the ones I looked at I got some ideas and made a shopping list, got up early this morning and came home with my trunk full of groceries. Now I am going to get back to cooking so Bill can eat before he goes to a meeting tonight. Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment