Saturday, January 19, 2008

TIPS TO TRY

I see that my dear friend has snakes on her mind. She is right, cold weather keeps them away. I am a firm believer that a cat keeps them at bay. Also they (snakes) don't like to be in the open. So when planting your landscaping plants and garden, keep this in mind. I plan on taking all the pine straw away from the trees in the back because I think they use it as cover. I am laughing to myself now, because it sounds like the war against the snakes is on, Jackie and I against the snakes. Stay tune!

Now for some tips I have, to pass along to you...
#1. Did you know that Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns.
#2. Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria. I do know that gargling with warm salt water aways helps me.
#3. Honey remedy for skin blemishes...Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a band-aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keep the skin sterile and speeds healing. As a teen I would use toothpaste. Just a dab and let it dry overnight. Who had money to buy expensive products. It would work.
Hope one of these tips works for you. The only two I have used, is the warm water and salt. This takes my sore throat pain away quick. The toothpaste for blemishes worked when I was young. I don't know if the tooth paste now, have the same ingredients as it did back than.
Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment