Friday, January 11, 2008

RED ONION MARMALADE

Remember I said that a lot of my recipes will be coming from our diabetic cookbooks, so here goes. This is a good recipe to use with pork and makes 4 servings.

RED ONION MARMALADE
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
dash of ground black pepper
  1. Add oil to a medium saucepan over high heat. Add onion and saute for 7 - 10 minutes or until beginning to caramelize.
  2. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 -20 minutes or until thickened. Cook until onions are nice and soft.

Nice and tasty!!

My friend, Alba, was the first to call me to say that she had received my Christmas card and letter. However, she understands my situation. She did ask did I have the cards specially made and I told her that I hadn't. I had them since Christmas 2004, but, have been too overwhelmed every year to take the time to send them out. I had made up my mind that I was sending them out this year even if it had to be around St. Patty's Day. Thankfully, I got them out before.

No comments:

Post a Comment