Sunday, February 10, 2008

A TRAVEL NIGHTMARE

And poor Chris is trapped in it. She has had the misfortune of having flights delayed, delayed, delayed on her. Then because of the delay she misses her connection in Atlanta. Then the Delta agent tells her that she is standby on the next flight that is overbooked. There is no other airline that has open seats on it and they are all overbooked. When I talked to her I told her to tell them that she will take a flight into an alternate airport which is about an hour from where we live. Much confusion and uncustomer servicelike service has been going on, to say the least. I just talked to her and finally she has a confirmed flight to the alternate airport and she has a seat ASSIGNED which is very important. Especially in a situation like that. You can never be sure you are on a flight unless you have a confirmed seat assigned. And then sometimes that doesn't work if they change equipment on you. Dennis is picking her up, but, I told her to ask for ground transportation to our town. She did and they said they don't have it. I told her that I used to work at that airport and in situations like that we gave taxi vouchers to inconvenienced passengers. I know those taxi drivers sitting out front would be more than happy to take her on a one hour ride. Plus her luggage is going to one airport and she is going to another. They told her that she can check on it. It is their responsibility to see that her luggage is delivered to her home. Now if this was all due to weather we would be a little more lenient on what we expect. But, the continuing problem was maintenance. Poor thing, she should have been home hours ago.

Now after my little ranting here are a few more tips:
  1. Did you know that Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns.
  2. Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer. Just dissolve 2 tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of symptoms. It begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly - even though it was never advertised for this use.
  3. Listerinetherapy for toenail fungus. Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toe in Listerine mouthwash.The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.

I have not tried either one of these 3, but, I have heard that the Listerine one really works well.

Well, Bill, is at a meeting with his Knights of Columbus group. I feel like a cold is coming on so I am going to take some medicine and go to bed with my laptop in a little while. My friend, Alba, called me from New Jersey today. She is there with her husband for a few months while he is working on a job there. She said she has seen some of our other friends from the Philippines that are there. It's nice seeing and hearing about old friends and acquaintances that have been out of your life for awhile. Now I am going to clean my kitchen and go take some medicine and watch the Grammy Awards in bed with my laptop. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment