Thursday, February 7, 2008

SMASHED POTATOES

I loooooooove mashed potatoes. This is a recipe that I got from my good, old diabetic cookbook and is yummy.

SMASHED POTATOES
1 lb. red new potatoes, washed and quartered
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half, heated
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  1. Put potatoes and garlic in a large pot. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Drain and return to pot.
  2. Add remaining ingredients, and using a potato masher or a sturdy whisk, smash potatoes and garlic until blended but still lumpy. Leaving the skins on increases the fiber content of this dish.

I talked to Chris today and she said that she will try to get online later to put something on here. She really misses doing it everyday. They are snowed in and I am glad I am not there. Sixteen inches of snow fell and even the malls were closed. I am so glad to be living down South!! We get cold weather sometimes in the winter, but, it never is like that.

Last night I took part in a Focus Group in our town. The group consisted of women ages 40 - 64 with health insurance. The discussion was about healh care in our area and was very interesting. It was only for 2 hours and we got paid $75 each. Can't beat that. I've joined the database of the company that is doing the research and hope to be doing more. They don't all pay the same, but, I think even if there was no pay I would still do it. Like I said it was interesting and you find out what others think about things. Now I am going to try (again) to set up my Windows Mail account. I have Vista now and am still trying to figure how things work. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment