Sunday, February 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUE!!!

Today is our oldest daughter's, Sue, birthday. She came by yesterday with Tamisha, Misty and little Quentin. They had come to visit my mom who is now bedridden. I told them not to come close to me because of my cold. Especially Misty because she is about to give birth to our 2nd great-grandchild at any time. She really doesn't need to have a cold now. Anyhow, they stayed awhile and then went to see my mom before going back home.

I made cornbread from a recipe that I got from, yep, the diabetic cookbook. It was really easy and quick to make. I preheated the oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl I mixed well a box of corn muffin mix, 8 oz. of creamed corn and an egg. I put it in a greased pan and baked it for 20 - 25 minutes. It came out moist and very good. I think that's how I will make my cornbread from now on. It was so easy. Bill and Marcy liked it, too.

I still haven't ventured outside but hope to soon. I am hoping this cold lets up soon. It's staying longer than I thought it would. Plus I am getting tired of this bed. I have been getting up and doing little chores, though, like washing and cooking a little. Now I am going to get settled and get ready to watch Big Brother 9. I don't know why????

No comments:

Post a Comment