Monday, February 4, 2008

COUPONS - MY TIP FOR THE DAY

I used to shop with coupons all of the time. It was like an obsession with me so much that my family hated going grocery shopping with me. Bill flat out refused to go. I carried my little coupon holder with me and checked every item that I wanted to buy to see if I had a coupon for it. I never bought something that I didn't use, though, just because I did have a coupon for it. When we moved overseas, naturally, I wasn't using my coupons there. However, when we were about ready to move back to the States I started clipping coupons from the stateside magazines that I had. After we moved in I had to go grocery shopping to stock our kitchen. Well, I had a large stack of coupons in hand when I went to checkout. I apologized to the cashier and handed them to her. You could tell by the look on her face she was sorry I ended up in her line. What is funny is that particular store was offering double coupons with no limit. The next day it was changed and there was a definite limit up to $50. I had continured to shop with coupons until the stores started giving out the store discount cards. Stupidly, I thought I wouldn't make that extra effort anymore to save money. That was more than stupid. With the coupons you get even more of a discount. In fact, coupons are as good as money at the store. I have recently started back with my coupons and am loving it. It is fun to see how much additional money I can save on each purchase. Besides the coupons I clip from the magazines and paper I go to coupons.com and my favorite stores website and get even more coupons. Coupon.com even asks for your zipcode to give you coupons geared towards your area. Do yourself a favor and save some money when you shop. Clip those coupons and take them with you. Sometimes I forget my coupon holder so I try to keep it in my car.



Yesterday Bill, Marcy and I had our own little Super Bowl party. We had caesar salad, buffalo chicken breasts, hot & spicy wings, veggies and dip, hot pickled okra and little toothpicks with cherry tomatoes, cheese and habanero stuffed olives. Bill can't eat wings, but, he loved the buffalo breasts. The dip was made with non-fat yogurt, light Miracle Whip and non-fat sour cream. We had good eats and fun.



I'm feeling like a cold is about to take over my body so I wanted to get my little two cents in now since I don't know how I will feel later. Have a fantastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment