Saturday, February 9, 2008

GRANDMA'S CURES

As I was doing some cleaning of drawers and things today I came across a sheet of paper with the above title that had some tips on it. It is an email that I received from someone awhile ago. I'll just put a few down here.
  1. Before you head to the store for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals for your stuffy nose, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong peppermint Altoids. They'll clear up your stuffed nose. Chris and I both love altoids and always have a tin of them in our purses. Since the licorice flavor came out, though, we fell in love with that taste. But if you want to clear your stuffiness, chew the peppermint.
  2. Coca Cola cure for rust. Forget those expensive rust removers. Just saturate an abrasive sponge with Coke and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the coke is what gets the job done. And I loooove Coke!! That is the only pop that I drink. There is nothing like a nice COLD coke on a hot day. I should say any day because that is my drink! Chris loves it, too.
  3. Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tbsp. six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria.
  4. Easy eyeglass protection. To prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of clear nail polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.

For the last few hours I have been cleaning drawers and closets so this is a good break for me. I will have to get back to it, though. There is always something to do since I am the only one doing it. I could be working 24/7. But, I'm not. I'm going to start doing the flea market scene in a few weeks and I have to get ready for that. Marcy and I will be selling things there and it should be fun. It will be new items and our brother, Andy, has sent us boxes of items to sell. Well, I better go get back to cleaning and then get ready for church in the morning. I'll have more tips tomorrow. Have a restful sleep tonight. Ciao, baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment