Tuesday, February 26, 2008

MARCY'S HOT TODDY

Yes, this old cold is still lingering. I haven't had the awful body aches and fever, though, so I don't believe it's the flu. The other day Marcy convinced me to take the hot toddy concoction that sounds so gross. The way I was feeling I was willing to try anything at that point. The trick is to drink and get bundled up in the bed to sweat the cold out. Since I couldn't fall right to sleep I was too hot to stay under the covers completely and took the covers off for a few seconds. I put them back on and finally fell asleep. I was amazed at how much better I felt in the morning. I could still feel the effects of the cold, but, not as bad. I did it again the next night and it definitely works. Like I said, I still feel the cold and some congestion left and my voice isn't completely back yet, but, I would be worse off if I hadn't taken the toddy. So since this dreadful flu and cold is getting so many people down here goes a little something that might help.
MARCY'S HOT TODDY
1 cup of any brown liquor
1 1/2 cups of water
2 tea bags
1 whole onion. sliced
1 whole lemon, sliced
honey, to taste
Put all in a pot and bring to a boil. Pour the liquid in a cup and drink as soon as you can. Get in bed and wrap yourself in a blanket. I even slept in a sweatshirt.
My hair was a mess when I got up, but, I was feeling a little better. Give it a try. One of our nephews tried it (he's in his 30's) and he said it worked on him, too. My brother, Ricky, reminded me that our great-grandma Johnson used to talk about this without the onion. So it is an old remedy that works. The taste really wasn't bad, either. I hope this gives someone out there a little relief. Now I am going to wrestle on the Wii with Bill for awhile. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment