Saturday, February 16, 2008

ANOTHER GREAT WEBSITE

I heard about this site awhile ago, checked it out, thought it was a great idea and signed up. It's free and a great idea. So that I convey the meaning of the group correctly I am going to cut and paste an exerpt from their web page. CNN did a piece on them today and it gave me the idea to put this on the blog. It really is a great idea. The thought behind the group, I mean. Here goes --

The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,251 groups with 4,498,000 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer (them's good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on “Browse Groups” above the search box. Have fun!!

The website is http://www.freecycle.org/ so check it out. You might like it. Cnn thinks it is a great idea, also. Well, I am still under the weather and not doing too much. In fact, I won't be going to church services tomorrow. I think the congregation will appreciate not having me there spreading my germs anyhow. Have a good night and restful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment