Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tips for cleaning CRYSTAL

I read yet another magazine and thought I would pass this on to you.
#1. Line your sink with a plastic dish pan or thick towel before washing crystal. This is a good tip when washing any cherished item that is breakable.
#2. Both heat and cold can crack crystal, use lukewarm water for washing and rinsing.
#3. Add a capful of ammonia to sudsy water to ensure glass rinses clean.
#4. Air-drying is the safest; less handling means less chance of breakage.
#5. Use a feather duster for everyday cleaning, this won't scratch your crystal.
I have a few pieces but I sometimes think it is not worth all the hassle. I know there are very beautiful things out there for very little cost. If it breaks, it doesn't break your heart or budget.
March 21st. we will have outside and gardening tips. I plan on doing research on all regions. Take it slow today!

No comments:

Post a Comment