Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rice Pudding

Here's another recipe that I love and I got from a Creole cookbook. It is so delicious that Bill and I can eat a whole casserole dish of it in 24 hours. My mother is the only one that I know that doesn't like it and that is because she said she does not like sweet rice.

RICE PUDDING
1 cup uncooked rice
1 qt. milk
8 tbsp. butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup raisins
5 eggs, beaten
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp cinnamon
Combine the rice and milk. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over low heat until rice is tender. Add the butter, sugar, vanilla, lemon rind, raisins and eggs. Pour into a buttered 2-qt casserole dish. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Serves between 6 and 8 people. Or if you are like Bill and I it is just enough for 2!!

This would make a good side dish for Thanksgiving. My daughters, sisters, granddaughters and niece are going to be preparing our dinner. Thank goodness I don't have to do the cooking for the gang we always have. We all do our share and that's good. We enjoy the cooking, the camaraderie, the tequila, the confusion, the eating, the tequila and all that goes with it. I will be writing bits and pieces on our 4 or 5 days of merriment. Chris will be joining in all of the craziness with us. I guess we get along so well because she is as nuts and crazy as my family is. And what fun it is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment