Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Kahlua

First, that fruit fly tip is great, Chris. I just read it and I won't be talking to Chris until tomorrow so I thought I would put my thoughts on it here. Those little buggers drive me crazy and I will definitely be taking advantage of that tip. Chris and I usually talk in the morning and then probably several times during the day, but, not too much late at night. And it is late at night. Sometimes we just talk and giggle like we are teens. Whatever, we sure feel like it sometimes. And then there are days when we feel as old as our mothers (mine 83 and hers 93).

Chris's drink of choice is usually kahlua. Mine is anything. Just kidding!! But, anyhow, when we were in the Philippines recipes for different liquers were passed around. This was one of them. If I remember right, one that we had was from Chris's sister. I think. If any of our P.I. friends are reading these, don't hesitate to put a recipe we don't have in the comments section. In fact, anyone can put a comment in. We love to receive comments.

KAHLUA
bottle of vodka
12 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups water
3 cups sugar
Simmer water, sugar, coffee and vanilla for 1 hour. Cool to room temperature. After mixture gets to room temperature add the vodka.

VARIATION: Instead of 12 tsp coffee, use 11 tsp and 1 tsp cocoa plus a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Either mixture is delicious. Now that I think of it, we had another recipe for Irish Creme that used half & half that we used to make. In fact, we liked it so much we had to stop making it for awhile because we were drinking it so much and it is soooooo rich. And delicious. We'll get that one in here when we find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment