Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pecan Sandies

We are going to put cookie recipes in next month for your Christmas baking. But, my Aunt Irene was looking for a good quick recipe so I thought I would go ahead and put this one out there now. This is one of the ones that I always made when I used to do my Christmas baking. My son, Jerry, loved making these and always asked to make them. There are different variations on this recipe and this one is simple and delicious.

Pecan Sandies
1 cup softened butter
4 tablespoons sugar
2 cups flour -- sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup ground pecans
powdered sugar
Directions:Cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Mix in flour and pecans. Mix well. Form dough into 1 inch balls. Bake on greased cookie sheet in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool, then roll each cookie in powdered sugar.

Chris came by yesterday and brought me a plaque that I hung on my front door. It says "Good Friends Gather Here". I have another one that she gave me that is the shape of a heart and says "Give me a house to call my own, Family and Friends to call it a Home." She's thoughtful like that. In the next couple of days there will be quite a house full here. In fact, including Bill and I, there should be 44 people here for Thanksgiving dinner. That's a HOME I would say. If Dennis had not gone on his sailing trip and he and Chris stayed home for Thanksgiving there would have been 45 here.

Now I have to go get some chores done so I can go get my grandkids that live about an hour from here, Dominique and Tyler. Their mother, Jackee, said she will meet me half way when she gets off work so I don't have to go all the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment