Friday, November 16, 2007

Broccoli Casserole

Sunday after Mass our congregation will be having our annual Thanksgiving feast which we all bring a dish to. My contribution this year will be the above named casserole. It's a recipe that my daughter, Sue, gave to me years ago. It is easy to make which is right up my alley about now. I have been going, going, going trying to get the house ready for our onslaught of family. I love having them all, though.

BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
2 pkgs frozen broccoli (chopped or speared)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup of mayonnaise (small jar is just enough)
1 medium onion (chopped real fine)
2 eggs
4 oz of grated cheese (I use sharp cheddar)
1 cup of bread crumbs
Mix all together and put into a buttered 2 qt casserole dish. Dot butter on top of mixture and then sprinkle the bread crumbs on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.

It's pretty chilly here right now. I know the snakes are deep in their holes or wherever. That is the only thing that I like about cold weather. Now that I am thinking about it, how in the world did I live in the Philippines where it never gets cold?!? In fact, one of the houses on our compound had a boa or python in their mango tree. Plus one of our friends opened her front door and their was a cobra on her porch. Then our friend, P.J., had a mama snake have babies in a rug that was rolled up in her carport. Yuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!! And she only lived 2 rows behind us. Wow, how did I go from broccoli to snakes. Just shows how ditsy my brain is now with all that I have running through it getting ready for Thanksgiving. A week from today my chores will be over. Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Then the next week my decorator (Chris) will help me with getting my livingroom decorated to go with my new furniture. Well, I better stop typing and start ??????. Who knows what I am about to start doing, but, I will find something that is calling for my attention. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment