Saturday, November 10, 2007

Banana Bread

The last week has been quite hectic for me so I haven't been online and entering my little witticisms like I enjoy. My 83 year old mom had surgery (she's ok), my brother, Andy, went to the Mayo clinic for a procedure (he's ok) so naturally a looooooot of praying was going on. Plus I am trying to get a lot of things done that I have been putting off. I am trying to get ready for my onslaught of family and friend (Chris) arriving for Thanksgiving dinner. I love this time of year and love having everyone here for the big day. It's always a little spastic for Bill at first, but, he enjoys it as much as we all do. The ones that stay over come Wednesday and usually stay until Sunday. You see, every Saturday after Thanksgiving the annual Chitlin' Strut in Salley, SC is held. It has become a tradition for the last several years that we go to it. Not everyone goes, but, most of us do. Sometimes there is a caravan of about 5 cars of us going. Chris might be adventuresome and go with us this year. We always have a great time when we do.

I had some bananas that were getting overripe and didn't want to just throw them out. I decided to do a quick look online for an easy banana bread recipe. This one I found was so easy and is soooooo delicious. I hope you enjoy it.

BANANA BREAD

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Believe me this makes a very tasty bread and is so easy to make. Overripe bananas will never go down my garbage disposal again. I made it this morning and it is gone tonight. Bill, my sister, Marcy, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment