Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Italian Cheese Twists

I've been preoccupied and down in the dumps the last week or so. I always find food helps. We all know that isn't good. I made these a long time ago and made them again today. They taste very good and have raised my weight and spirits.

1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
1/4 C butter, softened
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t each dried basil and oregano
3/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1 T water
2 T sesame seeds or grated Parmesan cheese
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in square. Combine butter and seasonings; spread over dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Fold dough into thirds. Cut crosswise into 24 strips, 1/2 in. each. Twist each strip twice; pinch ends to seal. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost double, about 30 minutes. In small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over twists. Sprinkle with sesame seeds or Parmesan cheese. ( you can use both ) Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.

Maybe someday we can include pictures of the finished product. I think sight helps a lot. I really enjoy this blog Jackie has set up. I hope others are benefiting from it to. We can add more in months to come. Hang with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment