Friday, November 23, 2007

A BELATED HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Yep, they are almost all here and my life is hectic and I love it!! I was so sorry because 3 of my older grandchildren and their families couldn't make it and I really missed them. We had a great day yesterday and Chris joined in with all the craziness and merriment. She brought me a beautiful angel statue that has "Thankful For All Good Things" written on the front. She says it symbolizes that she will always be there if I need her. It was a good day. A house full of family including my mother who has alzheimers and my brother, Ricky, and his new wife, Annie. My brother, Andy, who lives in Phoenix sent us all a very nice picture text message greeting for everyone. Food, food, food everywhere!!! That was the case yesterday. Even with the amount of people we had here yesterday we still have a lot of food left!! I always says it's better to have too much than not enough. Bill fried 2 turkeys yesterday and I roasted 1. I know that we will be having turkey soup sometime in the next few weeks.

I don't do the Black Friday thing because I don't like the crowds. I did go to WalMart with my sister, Roxy, and her daughter and grandkids late morning because I had to pick up a prescription for Bill. It wasn't packed because a bigger WalMart opened about a month ago so the crowd evidently went there. Nothing much going on today. Tomorrow we go to the Chitlin' Strut.

My tip for today is to enjoy your family and friends and life every day that you can every minute that you can. We never know what the next hour brings. Believe me I am enjoying every moment I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment