Sunday, November 25, 2007

Boy, am I beat!!

I am not the spring chicken that I used to be, that's for sure. These last few days have shown that. All of my family has left and I am beat!! But it was fun and I would do it again. I am so glad that they were here. But, again I say, I am beat! Today has been a rest day for me. The only thing that I really did was to make turkey soup. So I guess this is my little recipe tip. I did not use a recipe and just put in what I thought would be good. And it is delicious. I took the turkey carcass and some slices of turkey, put it all in a large pot and covered it with water. I let it boil and then simmer until the meat was falling off of the bones. I then took the bones from the pot. After I took all of the meat from the bones I put the meat back into the pot and added a bag of mixed vegetables, a chopped onion, chopped garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, a bay leaf, salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, chicken bouillion and a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce. All of the spices were added "to taste". I let that simmer for awhile and then added some cubed potatoes and I broke a handful of thin spaghetti into it. My daughter, Jackee, was the first to eat some and said it was very good. Her daughter, Dominique, had some next and she said it was very good. My sister, Marcy, ate a bowl of it and said it was good. I ate 2 mugs full and I must agree with them. In fact, I say that it is very good. It's a great way to get the last little bit from your turkey.

I talked to Chris for a little bit today. I don't know if I am going to the gym tomorrow with her because I am still in my zone where I don't want to do anything. Nor do I foresee doing anything in my near future. I really do need the exercise and workout, though. But, one more day not getting any won't hurt.

Anyhow, now I am going to bed and just melt into my bed!! Goodnight and I hope you had as great a holiday as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment