Saturday, November 10, 2007

CURTAIN RODS

When I was visiting my daughter, she needed to finally put up curtains in her bedroom. You all know how expensive the rods can be. We found a great rod and the area to cover with the rod was 110 inches. The rod we purchased was 120 inches. Even with the center bracket, the rod was not strong enough to be level or take the weight of the curtains. I told my daughter that if we get a wooden dowel small enough to fit inside the smaller end of the rod. A piece to put into the large end, but here is the trick. That piece can only be long enough so the small rod can insert without the dowel obstructing the two rods from having a connection. I hope I am explaining this right, it really strengthens the rod and holds it level. This is a very cheap way, to ensure a strong rod. It work great for us.

We had a touch of frost, so I will spend sometime cutting back all the bushes. This is a big job because I tend to over plant. It will be a sunny day and it has to be done before it gets to cold. Please be safe!

1 comment:

  1. ve try this and it works great!

    Jodie H.? WI

    ReplyDelete