Monday, March 31, 2008

Roses

Roses are very hardy. I myself, like the tea roses and plan on adding a picture to the blog, as soon as they show off with flowers. Today a well known garden expert said; " do not fertilize roses until they show their leaves ". Also do not water the leaves if possible, water at the base. Roses in my opinion need 1-2 inches of water per plant, a week. If you keep the leaves somewhat dry, black spots will stay away and keep the plant healthy. I am not a plant expert but these tips have been working for me. I also like to prune the rose bush a couple times a year and remove all woody ( dried out ) branches.
Being outside and enjoying the growth of what you planted is very rewarding to me. Have fun and experiment. We all learn from our mistakes. Well sometimes.............

No comments:

Post a Comment