Sunday, March 2, 2008

FOLK REMEDY FOR BLOCKED EARS

My dear friend, Chris, is having an awful problem with a blocked ear. She has tried several things which haven't worked. I looked in a folk remedy book that I have and found this recipe that I hope helps her. When congestion is backing up into your ears, try some horseradish, mustard, ginger, peppermint, or garlic to help clear your head. Take 1/2 teaspoon of horseradish or mustard and spread it on 3 or 4 thin slices of ginger or garlic. Then wash the concoction down with a cup of peppermint tea. The good part is that there are no chemicals involved. When we were at church today she couldn't hear well out of her right ear so I really hope this helps her. She might have waited too long for it to work, though, and might have to go to a doctor.

Bill is still recuperating from yesterday so I told him he needed to stay home from church today and just rest. He did look better when he got up this afternoon. After church Marcy and I went to the next town to go to an Oriental market that several of us go to for our East Asian food products. Then we went to a gas station which is supposed to be one that has the most lottery winners in Georgia. By the time we got home we were pooped and ready to relax. I wanted to go see our mom, but, I still have a little cough. Now I am going to watch Oprah's Big Give and then get ready for bed. Have a great night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment