Wednesday, March 26, 2008

SNAKES---YARD---GARDEN

Like Jackie and many other people, we don't like snakes. I read a little about them this morning and thought I would pass this on to you. The article says that snakes won't bother you unless you disturb them. I have to believe this because I never heard of a snake running after anyone. Snakes play an important part in nature, by eating mice and rats. Two creatures I don't want around. I guess I don't know who I would want in my yard or garden (snakes or rodents ) NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is something I plan on trying, you buy at your pharmacy call Mercaptans--this has a synthetic skunk odor. Skunks eat snakes, rats, and mice, so this smell keeps the snakes and rodents away. Unfortunately, it also keeps you far away. I think you have to decide weather to smell like skunk or have snakes and rodents around.
Plan B is to have all garbage and trash away from your garden and house if possible. If there is nothing to eat, it will discourage rodents and snakes will have to go elsewhere for their next meal. Just a thought. Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment