Tuesday, March 25, 2008

GARDENING ZONES

I wanted to get a gardening zone to you. I don't have my scanner up yet. You can go to http://www.thegardenhelper.com/hardiness.htm This will give you, your planting time for your region. I printed the information, for future reference.
I just wanted to say that using newspaper for weed blocking is cheap and does a great job around shrubs. Just leave room around the trunk/roots for watering. You should never put any type of mulch to close to any plants. This may cause rotting or decay. You have to remember that weed block topped with mulch, holds in moisture.
Our garden centers are so informative and the plants have great directions for planting and care. I just purchased Dahlias and Peony bulbs to plant. According to the package I am a little late for my zone. What is nice for the Dahlias, they bloom summer to fall and reach 36" high. I will plant on the fence line hoping for a color full show. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment