Friday, March 14, 2008

CUBA LIBRE

Here is a delicious, simple recipe that I got from oprah.com when I was searching for a recipe that I had seen on her show. It's almost like a rum and coke except for the lime juice added.

CUBA LIBRE
1/4 cup (2 oz.) dark rum
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge
Coca Cola
Fill a highball glass (or like me, just a regular glass) with ice cubes. Add rum and lime juice, and top off with Coke to taste. Rub rim of glass with lime wedge, then garnish with wedge. (To serve large groups, mix batches 2 parts rum to 1 part lime juice to 4 parts Coke. Pour over ice in individual glasses, then rub rims with lime and garnish with 1 wedge per cocktail.)
Well, Marcy and I will be doing our first flea market gig tomorrow. We are really looking forward to it. We still are on the waiting list for an inside table or booth so we will be outside. If the weather is as nice as it was yesterday that will be no problem. So we are hoping that Saturday and Sunday there will be okay weatherwise. I hope I am not too tired to put my experiences on this blog tomorrow evening. It should be fun.
This evening the Knights will have an honor guard at one of the funeral homes here in honor of one of their members who has passed. He will be in full regalia and I am going to try to get a good picture before he leaves home and I will try to put it on here later. Now I have to go and get some chores done, do some packing and get ready to travel. Have a great day and a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment