Thursday, March 6, 2008

GREEN TEA COLLINS

This recipe I got from a copy of Oprah's magazine. It was created by Aqua Vitae, Los Angeles.
GREEN TEA COLLINS

2 oz. vodka

2 oz. strong green tea

1 oz. fresh lemon juice

1/4 tsp grated fresh ginger

Lime or Lemon wheel

FOR SYRUP:

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup sugar

In a shaker , combine vodka, tea (cooled), lemon juice, ginger and syrup (see below). Shake and strain into a tall glass with ice. Garnish with lime or lemon wheel.

TO MAKE SYRUP: Mix equal parts - about 1/2 cup of each - sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat; stir until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.

This drink sounds great to me and I am definitely going to make it. The Bloody Bull that Chris put in is one of my favorites, too. She left today to go be with her mom for awhile, but, we will stay be in touch with each other.

Tuesday was a busy day for me because there were chores I wanted to get done before Bill, Marcy and I went to pay our respects to the family of a church member who had passed. It just so happened that when we left for the funeral home the rain came in buckets. Even with umbrellas we were quite wet when we went in. But, there was no way that we were not going to go. Yesterday we went to the funeral and Bill and some of the Knights were honorary pallbearers. From the funeral we went to the cemetary and then to the Knights hall were a meal was served. After that we went home so Bill could change out of his tux and we could go to a local department store for some clothes for him. A fantastic sale was going on and he did find some things he wanted. By the time we got home I was beat. However, my new Palm TX pda had arrived and I had to set it up. Things didn't go smoothly and I did not do anything but work on that until I went to bed. My mind and body were exhausted by the time my head hit the pillow. Today I did several loads of wash and cooked dinner and worked again on a problem I am having with my pda. Now I am going to bed because I have to have him at the Knight's lodge in the morning so he can meet up with the guys that he goes with to visit the patients at one of the VA hospitals. By the time he gets home he is so exhausted and his legs and feet are killing him. But he loves it. He wouldn't miss it for the world. Have a good night and I sure plan to.


1 comment: