Wednesday, March 5, 2008

MASTER'S MORNING BLOODY BULL DRINK --Recipe

Jackie and I have been very lucky to attend the Master's Golf Tournament over the years. Unfortunately they change the rules to obtain tickets, you have to be lucky to have your application drawn. That of course has not happen for my family in years. The tickets available are only for Monday through Wednesday. If you want to get the badges for Thursday through Sunday, you would need $500 plus for one badge or know someone in high places. There was a time when we first moved here, you could get practice round (Wednesday) tickets for $11.00. I saw Tiger Woods play, he was very young. We all sent our applications for this years play, NO LUCK....
Here is a drink recipe from a cook book published in 1977. Tea Time at the Masters. I was Lucky to find it. My memory does not tell me where or when.
1 qt tomato juice
1 10 1/2 ounce can beef bouillon
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
1/4 Teaspoon Tabasco
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Dash MSG
Dash celery seed
Combine all ingredients and chill. Put a LARGE JIGGER of vodka or gin over ice in a glass and add above mixture. Yeilds 8-10 (6-8 ounce) servings.
Garnish with celery stalks with leaves attached.
I leave very early in the morning. I hate to fly but need to help out with my Mom. If I get to a computer, I will check in. I hope everyone stays safe and well. I will have gardening tips when I return. Thanks to all who support Jackie and I and friends who help us out with tips. We really enjoy talking to you daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment