Sunday, December 2, 2007

Injectible Marinade for Turkey

Chris and I worked at our church's Resale Shop for a few hours. It's amazing that the shop has such great items which we sell for extremely low prices and we make such a good profit. Well, we weren't busy all of the time and naturally we did our usual thing - talk, talk, talk. One of the things we talked about was Thanksgiving and the turkeys. Chris suggested that I put on the blog an injectible marinade that I made for them. I don't have measurements because I usually just do it. I used Italian dressing, melted butter or margarine, garlic powder, onion powder and cajun seasoning. It's all to taste. The Italian dressing you have to filter because the little pieces of seasonings in them would get caught in the injector or syringe. I suggest doing this before adding the other seasonings. Stir it all together and inject into the turkey ( any meat really) about 12 hours before cooking. We cooked 3 turkeys for Thanksgiving. Bill fried 2 and I roasted one. I was only planning on injecting the turkeys that were being fried. My sister, Marcy, who was doing the injecting suggested why not inject the turkey that we were going to roast, too. So we did and it turned out great. Chris said the taste was great and the turkey was so moist. Oh, be sure to lift the skin to inject the needle. You don't want to inject through the skin because more juice is held inside if the skin is not pierced.

Okay, now to bed to get some sleep for church in the morning. Good night,

No comments:

Post a Comment