Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Chocolate Dipped Creams

This is my favorite cookie that my sister-in-law bakes. She could make just a plate of these and I would be in FAT heaven.
1C butter
1t vanilla
1C cornstarch
1/2C powdered sugar
1/8t salt
1C flour
1C chocolate chips-melted
Powdered sugar for rolling
Chopped nuts and jimmies for dipping
Cream butter; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar;add vanilla. Sift salt, cornstarch, and flour together; blend into cream mixture. Chill 2-3 hours; Shape into balls or crescent etc. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. Chill, roll in powdered sugar. Dip part of each cookie in chocolate, then in nuts and jimmies; allow chocolate to harden before storing. Makes about 6 dozen. I like the crescents because you dip the end of each about 1/2. To make the crescents, you roll the dough into little logs about 1 to 1 1/2 inch long. I hope you like these as much as I do. It is worth making this cookie.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment