Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Snowballs - Holiday Cookies

This is another recipe that I had to make when Jerry and I made holiday cookies. They are absolutely deliciious.

SNOWBALLS
1 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped plain or peanut candy coated M&M's
Beat together butter and sugar; blend in vanilla. Gradually add flour. mix well. Add candies; mix well. Chill dough about 30 minutes. Shape to form 1-inch balls. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Immediately press one additional whole candy firmly into top of each cookie. Cool thoroughly; sprinkle cooled cookies lightly with additional confectioners' sugar.
Makes 4 dozen.
Today I did a little bit more of Christmas shopping. I had to get a top to wear with my suit for Bill's club's Christmas party on Friday. I, also, bought a gift for each of us to contribute to the gift table. I would have ordered the gifts from http://www.luckfamilygifts.com because there are so many items that would have been great. However, I waited too late to order and I don't think the order will arrive by the time I need it. I ordered quite a bit of other stuff, though, that I won't need until Christmas. I, also, bought me a cute red top to go with the suit I might be wearing. Then I went grocery shopping and I did not adhere to 2 of my laws. Never go shopping hungry and never go without a list. I did both and went shopping at 2 grocery stores and bought a whooooole lot more that I planned on. Now that we have finished dinner I am going to clean the kitchen and rest awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment