Friday, October 19, 2007

Quick tip

I just thought of this tip from my high school days. When we wanted to get our class ring to gleam we would put a little bit of lipstick on a kleenex and wipe it all over the ring. Afterwards, when we wiped the lipstick off the ring would sparkle. I would guess it could be used on other gold items.

I think Chris's idea of soup month is great. I don't know if I will get a recipe in today because I am trying to get some things done before I go to an appointment with my husband. He belongs to the Knights of Columbus and they are having their Tootsie Roll drive this month. We are going to take our turn collecting donations this afternoon. We hold a container for donations in one hand and a box of large Tootsie Rolls in another. Some people just donate and don't want the T.R. in return. Sometimes a child will come by and look longingly at the candy. If the adult says okay we will give the child one. We enjoy doing it and meeting and greeting people.

No comments:

Post a Comment