Monday, October 29, 2007

Back Home From GA

We came back last night, but, I didn't have the energy to go online. Sorry. We had a great weekend with the kids and their families and are so glad that we went. I am going to write this little tip and then go to get some chores done. I have to crowd all the chores into today through Thursday because Friday we are going to our niece's high school homecoming outside of Charleston. We will spend the night there with our daughter and son-in-law and have to be back home Saturday afternoon. Our church is having a potluck supper Saturday evening that we want to attend. Then, of course, there is Mass on Sunday, church brunch afterwards and helping in our church's resale shop for about an hour. Then home to fix dinner. So all my weekly chores I have to get done in the next few days. Busy, busy, busy.

Chris called this morning and we talked for awhile. She is enjoying being there with her family and, especially, her grandson. I mentioned before how she is so good at decorating and doing things. Well, she has put in a new toilet in her mom's house. I could never, ever even begin to know where to start to do that. Bill was in the middle of remodeling our house when he had his strokes. Naturally, work has been at a standstill and I hate to have anyone come over to my house until I get things under control. Her and Dennis, her husband, are such great friends that they came and put in our laminate floors for us. Bill, my brother, our nephew, 2 of our grandchildren and myself helped with little things. They did the majority and the hardest of the work. Things that I need done they are going to come show me how to do.

Okay, getting to my tip of the day. With Christmas coming up there will be a lot of packages being mailed out. You should always make sure that the label on any package that you send has clear tape placed over it. That way you don't take a chance on it getting smeared or ruined in transit. You, also, should make sure that an address is on the inside of the package. That can be with a label or just written on a piece of paper. That last is a good tip for checked baggage, too. Always make sure your address is on the inside and the outside of your baggage.

Now I am off to get my chores done. Don't forget we would love to have comments on our posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment