Friday, October 19, 2007

October is Soup Month

I called Jackie this morning to ask her what she thought about recipes added to our tips. Jackie is always supportive of me no matter what. So this October will be soup month. I found a soup recipe in a international book that was given to me by a person I met along with jackie in the Philippines. Her name is Inger and her husband also work for Westinghouse. She is Swedish born and now lives in the United States and became a citizen many years ago.

This Pumpkin soup is very good and worth a taste. Here we go---Pumpkin Soup
3 Cups canned pumpkin
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Cream
1 small onion, chopped & sauteed in (yes) 1 T Brandy and 3 T Butter
3 t chicken bouillon
1 scant teaspoon prepared mustard
1 t curry powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
Scald milk and cream together. Add mashed pumpkin. Add remaning ingredients.
Puree in blender for smoother consistency. Heat gently and serve.

If I can make this anyone can. Since my husband retired, he does all the cooking and is GREAT!
I would rather clean than cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment