Sunday, October 21, 2007

My soup contribution for the day

I am making a quick contribution to our endeavor here. I woke up this morning with a slight migraine that I haven't been able to shake so I have been taking it easy all day. Luckily Chris had saved Bill and I seats at church this morning so I wasn't squeezed in. She always makes it to church before we do and saves seats. Anyhow, this is another soup recipe that I got from a Pittsburgh newspaper. It is only about 230 calories a serving.

GOLDEN ONION-CHICKEN SOUP WITH EGG DUMPLINGS

1 cup chopped sweet onion (again, I use Vidalia)
4 cups chicken broth (use low-sodium broth for low-salt diet)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup cooked chicken meat
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp milk
Soy sauce, to taste (omit for low-salt diet)
Toasted sesame seeds

Combine onion and chicken broth in large saucepan. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add carrots and chicken. For dumplings, combine egg, flour and milk. Drop by teaspoons into bubbling broth. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until dumplings float. Season to taste with soy sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds over each serving. Makes 4 servings.

I guess I have Chinese food on the brain because since I didn't feel like cooking today, I ordered and picked up Chinese for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment