Monday, August 25, 2008

GEORGIA PEACH TEA

This past weekend we went to Summerville for the "Celebrate Elsie" birthday party that my niece, Tamika, had on Saturday for my mother who passed in April. It was not just a party. She did a fantastic job and we all had a great time. My nieces, Roxy and Darionna, led it off by singing Amazing Grace. Yes, there was a whole program set up with programs printed out. It was great. My nephew, the chef, made a huge pot of jambalaya and I made a huge pot of gumbo. These were two huge stockpots full and it was all gone by the end of the night. Tamika, also, had little gift bags made up of Mommy's favorite candies. Sunday Sue and I took Quentin, Jr., her grandson, my great-grandson, to Darionna's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. We left the baby home with Bill and Otis. We came home today and I am now resting. We had to get up early today because we had a problem with the car that we needed fixed before we got on the road. Thanks goodness I was able to get in touch with Roxy's friend who owns an auto repair shop.

GEORGIA PEACH TEA
1 peach, peeled and diced 2 green tea bags
1/2 cup green seedless grapes (garnish) 2 + cups ice
2 cups water 3 tbsp sugar
Put water in a medium pan and bring to a boil. Add tea bags and let sit off heat for 4 minutes. Meanwhile place peaches (reserve a few for garnish) and any juice collected from cutting them into a pitcher with 2 cups of ice. Once tea has steeped remove the tea bags and add sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour tea into pitcher, stir and serve over ice. Garnish the glasses with a skewer of grapes alternating with peaches. Makes 4 servings and is delicious!
Now I am going to ChaCha a bit and go to bed. Have a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment