Thursday, August 14, 2008

CHORIZO CON QUESO

It has been a busy few days. I am getting ready for my trip to VA for the Ben E. King Celebrity Golf Tournament this weekend. Plus trying to get some things done around the house that Dominique and Tyler can help with before they go home this weekend. I got my manicure & pedicure today and will get mine & Dominique's hair done tomorrow morning. Saturday I will leave and come back on Tuesday. I am looking forward to the break. It will be fantastic to see my friend, Shirley, who I haven't seen in years. We've been in contact with each other, but, just haven't seen one another. Which is strange since we both can fly free. Anyhow, she is the one who is seeing that I am going to this and taking care of the arrangements. She said that I need the break. Boy, do I! I will be one of the volunteers at the event and can't wait. Several other people that are volunteering are friends from years ago that I haven't seen so this will be so great. Plus her mother, who is a sweetheart, is coming and I am so glad. I stayed with her for several months after Bill was transfered here and we bought our home here. I was commuting from Pittsburgh to here on my days off until I could get a transfer in my job. I don't know if I will take my laptop or not so I might not be in touch when I leave.

This recipe for Chorizo Con Queso is really easy. Just fry up some chorizo sausage and mix it with some Chile Con Queso. Serve it with some tortilla chips and you have a nice little treat. It goes good with the Michelada beer recipe and crab jalapeno pepper recipe that I gave you.

It's going to be a busy two weeks. I come back from VA on Tuesday, Thursday I go to the doctor to have cysts removed from my neck, face and underarm. Friday we go to Summerville for the party on my mother's birthday on Saturday. My nephew, the chef, from Colorado is coming and going to do some cooking for it. He called last night to tell me that he is definitely coming and I am so happy. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Well, I am going to get off now and do a little bit of ChaCha'ing to make a little money. Then I will do a little more to get ready for my trip. Have a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment