Saturday, July 19, 2008

PICNIC TEA

Well, I am back. I have undisputedly been in a funk since my mom died and seems like I couldn't get motivated to do anything that I didn't have to do. I have over 2,000 emails that have piled up, an enormous pile of mail that has been just sitting waiting for me to get to it, phone calls that should have been made, etc. I have decided to push myself and get back on track and here I go.
PICNIC TEA
1 cup water
2 tea bags
1/4 12-oz can frozen cranberry juice concentrate
1 6-oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup pear nectar
Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Add tea bags; remove from heat. Let stand, covered for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Add juice concentrates and pear nectar. Stir until concentrates melt. Serve over ice. Yield: 2 1/2 cups
Last night I went to a Knights of Columbus dinner with Bill which I didn't know I was supposed to go to until 2 days before. It was an officer's installation dinner and was very nice. Some of the guys, also, got awards for certain things. Bill got one of the Patriotic awards for his volunteering that he does at the V.A. hospital with a group of other knights. He loves doing it and never expected an award for it. Yesterday, also, Dominique and Tyler was picked up by Jackee because they are making a family trip to Orlando today. I miss them already. Last Friday Marcy's oldest son, Arrit, and his family came to visit for the weekend. They stayed until Wednesday because he was helping Bill get some much needed work done around the house. He was a true blessing. Plus we enjoyed spending time with the twins who are 8 months old. Now I am going outside to hose and wash down our back deck and gazebo. Marcy and I have started using our spa in our gazebo and I need to get it a little more cleaned out. Have a great Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment