Friday, July 25, 2008

I didn't write here yesterday because I was accepted by one of the online companies that I had applied with. The training and testing took awhile and I loved it!! Hopefully, all will go well and I will be given the go-ahead to start working for them. It is a company that received all kinds of questions from people around the U.S. via cell phones by voice or text. The guides look up the info and text it back. It's a little more involved than that, though, and very, very interesting. Anyhow, here's another of Chef Luck's recipes that would be great for a party.


Spicy Goat Cheese Dip
Serves 12 people

Canola Oil 2 Tablespoons
Garlic Cloves 4 each
Red Onion (Finely Sliced) 1 Small
Chipotle Peppers (Pureed) 2 each
Cream Cheese 1#
Goat Cheese 6 ounces
Boursin Cheese 12 ounces
Thyme Leaves 2 sprigs
Cilantro (Finely Chopped) ¼ bunch
Kosher Salt To Taste
Cumin To Taste


Procedure: In a small sauté pan, heat the canola oil on medium high temperature. Add the garlic cloves and cook until golden brown, remove from the pan. Add the onions to the oil and cook until golden brown and caramelized, remove from heat and allow cooling. Puree the garlic, onions, and chipotle peppers in a food processor and reserve for later. In a food processor with a paddle attachment, cream all cheeses together until smooth. Add pureed pepper mixture to cheese and the herbs. Season the dip with salt and ground cumin and adjust seasoning to taste. Scrape into a medium sized saucepot and slowly heat the dip. Serve with any variety of sides to dip such as bread slices, vegetables, or deli meats.
For some reason I woke up feeling not so good. I have to drive to Summerville today so I hope I start feeling better. Plus Marcy and I are doing our flea market thing this weekend. This time we will have 2 tables. Have a great weekend and I hope I do the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment