Sunday, July 20, 2008

CHILLED PEACH SOUP

I think I mentioned before that I come from a large loving family. One of my nephews is a very busy chef at Cheyenne Mountain Resort in Colorado. A little while ago a t.v. station did a feature on him. And I remember when my mother, my sister, Roxy, and I attended a cooking competition that he was in when he was in Culinary Arts School. Look at him now. He has several others under him, plus teaches cooking classes and still took time to send me some recipes for our blog. I never even asked him. He has always been a sweet thoughtful young man, though, so I shouldn't be surprised. I remember when his dad, my brother, was living he loved to cook. I would get calls from him telling me about a new dish he was going to make or try. This was way before my nephew was even born.


Chilled Peach Soup

2 cups Fresh Peach (Pitted and Diced)
1 cup Sour Cream
½ cup Honey
4 oz Champagne
8 oz Peach Tea
1 Tbl Lime Zest
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Place all ingredients into a large blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste and chill for 3-4 hours.
Hopefully, I will see him next month and I can give him a big hug and kiss for the great recipes that he sent. My niece, Tamika, who is also a sweetheart is organizing a party to be held on my mother's birthday next month in her honor. The menu will be Mommy's favorite foods. Or I should say some of her favorites. Anyhow it will be fun and we're looking forward to it.
The last few days I have been getting in our spa on our back deck with Marcy. It feels good on these old bones and we tried to get Bill to do it, too. But, he hasn't yet. We really feel good when we get out of the water and he should really do it. But, he's stubborn. Anyhow, try the chilled peach soup and I am sure you will love it. Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment