Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

I hope that all of the fathers, grandfathers and mothers/fathers (single moms) had a wonderful day. Bill and I had a wonderful weekend because of our two wonderful, beautiful daughters. I know it was because of Father's Day, but, I sure enjoyed it and needed it, oh, so bad. On Saturday afternoon our daughter, Sue, and our wonderful son-in-law Otis came to visit and bring Bill's gifts. A little after they arrived our beautiful eldest granddaughter arrived, too. She is always a joy to have around because she is so sweet, upbeat and loving. I was in the midst of making a pot of gumbo when they arrived so that worked out great. We had a good dinner, great talks, much laughter and love. Our nephew, Sean, and his two kids came over to join in. Plus we took care of our granddaughter, Charlotte, and "grandson", Max, that day and they spent the night. Even Sean's 2 kids spent the night. Plus our grandchildren, Tyler and Dominique, are with us for the summer. Needless to say we had a great time together yesterday. We sat on our big, old Southern front porch and laughed and talked for hours. Sue, Otis and Tamisha were not planning on staying the night, but, they did and we loved it. We had full loving house yesterday
and we loved it!! I cooked breakfast Sunday morning and a little after Sue, Otis and Tamisha left. The second good part of the weekend was that our daughter, Jackee, invited us to to cookout at a State Park in Columbia with her friends and their families. It was a site on a lake that had fishing, paddle boats and rowboats. There was, also, a playground for the kids, a basketball court and other things. Needless to say, a good time was had by all. Bill and I enjoyed it a lot. He felt really great that the kids gave him such a great weekend. It made me feel so good to see him so happy. This weekend I think has brought me a little more out of the doldrums and I am happy about that. I think I am going to now work on Bill and I doing the dating thing at least once a month. Have a great night and an even greater week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment