Thursday, June 26, 2008

DELIVERY COMPANY

Got a call from the delivery companies owner (G.E.) He wanted to hear about the delivery of my dishwasher and the actions of his delivery people. He was very surprised,in fact assured me that this is a ONE TIME happening. Kind of bla za about the concerns I had, about the safety of children and animals. In fact I repeated my concerns I had for surrounding areas of any ones driveway. I asked him about his policy--not driving on owners lawns. He felt his drivers knew that, I assured him these drivers did not. The speed limit in a private driveway is NOT 25-30 miles an hour, he said they knew that, I assured him they did not. Our driveway is very long, around 75 feet. It seems that Home Depot does not hire the delivery people but the appliance name you are purchasing, does that. I also asked about the company G.E. being involved with Iran etc. (this is the same company) and he did not want to go there.
Needless to say, I thanked him for his call but felt a robot would have been more concerned. I also told him that this time it was a basketball and next time due to ignorance, it could be a person. He again said; he would talk to the drivers. I hope he does not think his small gesture of concern, put mine to rest. IT DID NOT!
Please have a safe day...................

No comments:

Post a Comment